I have never done a blog before and honestly, I never really thought I would ever be a blogger. But, here I am...not by choice. You see, God has really been placing this on my heart for a few weeks now (blogging, that is) and I've just been putting it on the shelf because I never saw myself as a blogger. I guess that is not for me to determine because God has put me here, doing this for a reason. The more I fought it, the more it "haunted" me. That happens to me a lot. I say that I will never do something because it looks lame or because I don't want to put the effort into it, and then I end up doing it. Hopefully I'm not alone on that. Anyways, before I get deep into this whole blogging experience, I would like to share why and what this blog will be about. So, sit back and enjoy the story.
The website that you are on right now is thehouriscomingandisnowhere.blogspot.com...and is based off of the passage John 4:23 which says:
"But the hour is coming, and is now here, when the true worshipers will worship the father in spirit and in truth, for the Father is seeking such people to worship him."
So, let me say this again, the website you are currently on is thehouriscomingandisnowhere.blogspot.com..and is now here, not, and is no where. Just thought I'd clear that up.
This verse is so important to me. It brings conviction and keeps me on track because it has such a vital tone. The hour is NOW here...not tomorrow, or next week, or when I'm around people...no. The hour is now here, when the TRUE worshipers will worship the father in spirit and in truth. Wow. Talk about a tornado kick in the spiritual face. It's something that God has been holding my hand through but, it can be a struggle. i love every moment of it, though. Anyways, that's how the website got it's name.
The blog is called 'Thoughts of a Worshiper of God"...also based off of John 4:23. I am a Worshiper of God and I always aim to be a true, loyal, complete, whole-hearted worshiper of God. Unfortunately I am a sinner and I don't always reach those standards, but I do always try. Also, my blog = my thoughts. Or thoughts that God gives/allows me to have by his awesome grace. Either way, the title makes perfect sense!
This post, the very first post ever, is called "Do not quench the spirit." I thought it was fitting because I did not want to write this blog, but God told me to. If I had decided against the blog i would have been quenching the spirit, which is never a good thing to do. I wish I could say i came up with that title all on my own, but it is actually based off of a verse which convicted me into writing the blog....1 Thessalonians 5:19 says "Do not quench the spirit." ...That's it. the entire verse. It is as simple as that! Don't quench the spirit! Can't say I've always obeyed that. But hopefully, we can work on it together...get a little bit of accountability going. Sound good? OK, cool.
That about wraps it up for the first post! Hopefully I will have some juicy information and incredibly deep, philosophical thoughts for you guys next time...but probably not. They will probably be very simple thoughts that boggle my mind. So, to recap; Be a true worshiper of God right now and do not quench the spirit. I honestly think that if we can work on those two points, things would get alot smoother for us.
Whoever you are, I hope you enjoyed this. I am open for questions always and I will be praying for you!
(:
No comments:
Post a Comment